In the world of streaming devices, Roku has made itself a very big name. Launched in the year 2002, Roku streaming devices have always kept themselves too advanced if compared to the other streaming devices of their time. Roku provides users the Roku channel store, a large platform where thousands of Channels and add-on services are available for the users to download. Roku provides streaming in HD, Full HD, and even 4K quality. World’s top channels like Netflix, Starz, Showtime Anytime, CW, ABC, HBO Go, Discovery Go, PBS, Crackle, etc. are all available on Roku. In order to start streaming on your Roku device, you first need to do activate roku.com/link
The Roku link validation will connect your Roku device to your Roku account and enable streaming. In order to activate your Roku streaming device do the steps given below:
- Go to your PC or mobile phone.
- Enter roku.com/link activate.
- In the ‘Link Code’ field enter the activation code available on your Roku screen.
You will receive the Roku activation code only if you have set up your Roku device. Follow the guide given below to set up your Roku device on your TV.
Setting up your Roku
Before activating the Roku com link, you need to set up your Roku device. Follow the steps mentioned below to set up your Roku device:
- Connect your Roku device to the TV using an HDMI cable.
- Insert one side of the HDMI cable into the HDCP 2.2 supported HDMI port of your TV. Insert the other side end into your Roku streaming device.
- Connect your Roku streaming device to a stable power supply outlet. The power supply can be either wall mounted or extended. Use the Roku power adapter to connect to the power supply.
- Turn on your Roku device and TV.
- A Roku logo will appear on your TV indicating that the Roku streaming device has been successfully set up and now is starting.
- After the device startup, Roku will ask you to select a system language.
- Once you have selected a language from the drop-down menu, everything in your Roku streaming device will be shown in the selected language so be cautious will making the language selection.
- Connect the device to the internet
- You can connect your Roku device to the internet using either a wired connection or a wireless connection.
- Simply plug the Ethernet cable into your Roku streaming device to connect to a Wired Network or,
- Go to settings, select ‘connect to a network’ and then choose ‘wireless’. From the list of available Wi-Fi connections, select your Wi-Fi and enter the password to connect to a wireless network.
- Once your Roku streaming device is connected to the internet, it will automatically look for system updates. The device will update if it founds any available software updates and reboot, or else, will completely skip this step if no update is available.
- Once your Roku streaming device reboots, the Roku com link activation code will appear on your screen which you need to enter in the Roku device activation procedure.
Things to do after activation
Activate roku.com/link on your Roku com device and then:
- Sign in to your old Roku account or create a new one.
- Set up a valid payment method and create a Roku transaction PIN if creating a new Roku account.
Activating channels on your Roku device
To add any channel to your Roku streaming device, follow the steps given below.
- Press the Roku ‘home’ button on your Roku remote.
- Go to the Roku home screen.
- Go to Roku channel store.
- Search the channel in the Roku channel store.
- Select ‘add channel’ to add the selected channel.
- Enter the Roku transaction PIN.
- Launch the channel app.
- An activation code will appear on your TV screen.
- Add this code into the respective account validation sites of the channels.
You have successfully added a channel to your Roku streaming device. (Note: You need to activate Roku.com/link first in order to add channels to your Roku device.